Resource Center was established through the Kentucky Education Reform
Act (KERA) to create a bridge between the schools, the community, and
the family. The Shopville Family Resource Center 's mission is to create
an environment that promotes learning through reducing barriers
and enhancing a healthy environment for our children and families here
at Shopville Elementary.
It is our goal to promote the healthy development of families and children.
The Family Resource is available to ALL SHOPVILLE ELEMENTARY STUDENTS, PARENTS and Families regardless of income.
FRC Services Offered
- Resource Lending Library
- On-site clothing closet
- Referrals for emergency assistance
- Educational/Prevention Programs (health, dental, fire safety, Red Ribbon Week)
- Grandparent Support Group
- Character Education
- Co-Sponsor of “Feud for Food” food drive, Guardian Angel Tree, Back to School Extravaganza
- On-site Individual and Small Group Counseling
- Volunteer Program
Mental Health Services
Parent Education Classes
Parent as Teachers (Program for new an expectant parents)
KCHIP is for children younger than 19 years old whose family meets certain income guidelines.
Information on Assistance Programs in Kentucky
Assistance Programs in Kentucky is a website full of helpful
information. Just a couple of examples include needing help with
financial assistance, housing assistance? View the website below for